Vatana CheaAugust 16, 2021 2021-10-13 10:00
Dr. Vatana Chea
Director, Center for Professional Education and Training
Coordinator, Research and Innovation Centers
Dr. CHEA Vatana has joined CamTech as a founding member in 2021. Prior to that, he worked as a researcher at the Cambodia Development Resource Institute (CDRI), a policy think-tank. He holds a master degree in private law from the Royal University of Law and Economics, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and a master and Ph.D degree in demography from Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand. He was also a doctoral fellow at the Centro Studi di Politica Internazionale and at Roma Tre University, Rome, Italy. Dr. Chea is currently attending a master degree of applied science in data, economics, and development policy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). His research interest includes population projection, migration and development, human capital development, and economics of household. He has authored and co-authored more than a dozen peer-reviewed scientific articles including book chapters and journals in ISI and SCOPUS database.
Teaching and Supervision
- Economics of Household
- Human Capital Development
- Impact Evaluation
- Principle of Economics
- M.A & Ph.D in Demography, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- M.A.Sc. in Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA (Expected 2023)
- LL.B & LL.M in Private Law, Royal University of Law and Economics, Cambodia
1. Park, S. M., Yu, X., Chum, P., Lee, W. Y., & Sim, K. B. (2017). Symmetrical feature for interpreting motor imagery EEG signals in the brain-computer interface. Optik, 129, 163–171. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2016.10.047
2. Yu, X., Chum, P., & Sim, K. B. (2014). Analysis the effect of PCA for feature reduction in non-stationary EEG based motor imagery of BCI system. Optik, 125(3), 1498–1502. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2013.09.013
3. Pharino, C. (2015). A Comparison Study for an Optimal Common Spatial Pattern Algorithm for EEG Signal Classification applicable to BCI Systems. 8TH AUN/SEED-NET INT’L CONFERENCE ON EEE 2014, 1–14.
4. Yu, X., Park, S. M., Ko, K.-E., Chum, P., & Sim, K. (2013). A study on STFT Feature Extraction of Motor Imagery Brain-Computer Interface. Proceedings of KIIS Spring Conference, 23(1), 8726.
5. Pharino Chum, Park, S.-M., & Kwang-Eun Ko and Kwee-Bo Sim. (2013). VCSP Method for EEG Feature Extraction of Motor Imagery Brain-Computer Interface. Proceedings of KIIS Spring Conference, 23(1), 115–116.
6. Yu, X., Park, S., Ko, K., Pharino, C., & Sim, K. (2012). Discriminative Power Band Feature Selection using PCA for Motor Imagery Classification in EEG-based BCI System. Proceedings of KIIS Fall Conference, 37–38.
7. Chum, P., Park, S.-M., Ko, K.-E., & Sim, K.-B. (2012). Particle swarm optimization based optimal spatial-spectral-temporal component search in motor imagery brain-computer interface. In Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics): Vol. 7425 LNCS. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-32645-5_59
8. Chum, P., Park, S. M., Ko, K. E., & Sim, K. B. (2012). Particle swarm optimization based optimal spatial-spectral-temporal component search in motor imagery brain-computer interface. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Including Subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 7425 LNCS, 469–476. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-32645-5_59
9. Chum, P., Park, S., Ko, K., & Sim, K. (2012). Improved Method for Extracting Optimal Time-Frequency EEG Signal Feature. Proceedings of KIIS Spring Conference 2012, 22(1), 143–144.
10. Chum, P., Park, S., Ko, K., & Sim, K. (2012). Orthonormal Polynomial based Optimal EEG Feature Extraction for Motor Imagery Brain-Computer Interface. Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, 22(6), 793–798.
11. Chum, P., Park, S., Ko, K., & Sim, K. (2012). Orthonormal Polynomial based Optimal EEG Feature Extraction for Motor Imagery Brain-Computer Interface. Proceedings of KIIS Fall Conference 2012, 22(2), 19–20.
12. Chum, P., Park, S. M., Ko, K. E., & Sim, K. B. (2012). Optimal EEG feature selection by genetic algorithm for classification of imagination of hand movement. IECON Proceedings (Industrial Electronics Conference), 1561–1566. https://doi.org/10.110/IECON.2012.6388508
13. Chum, P., Kim, J., Park, S., Ko, K., & Sim, K. (2012). Particle Swarm Optimization based Automatic Feature Selection for Spatio-Spectral- Temporal Filtering in Brain Computer Interface. International Conference on Smart Convergence Technologies and Applications 2012, 2(3), 2012.
14. Chum, P., Park, S.-M. M., & Sim, K. B. (2013). Parallel model feature extraction to improve performance of a BCI system. Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, 19(2012), 1022–1028. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1930.
Service and Leadership:
• Cambodia Robocon Committee
• Email: email@example.com
• Tel: (855) 89-910-904
• Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/pharino-chum-446b5a85