Media and Communication Technology Program OverviewDecember 6, 2023 2023-12-07 10:26
Media and Communication Technology Program Overview
A Bachelor’s degree in Media and Communication Technology is an interdisciplinary program that focuses on various aspects of media technology, including digital media production, telecommunications, multimedia systems, and network engineering. It combines the study of communication theories, media production, digital technologies, and business management. The overall purpose of this program is to equip students with necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the rapid growth of media and communication technology in order to prepare them for careers in media and communication companies or self-employment as independent media producers. Throughout the 4-year program, students will learn about the emerging technologies, history and theory of media and communication. The program will provide practical aspects of producing various media forms such as audio, video, and web content. Students will gain an understanding of digital technologies and their impact on communication practices and media industries. In addition, students will have opportunities to complete internships or other practical experiences to gain hands-on experience in the field at the industry or virtually.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the principles, theories, and practices of media and communication technology.
- Apply practical knowledge and skills of various hardware and software tools to design, create, and produce digital content.
- Communicate effectively through different mediums of communication, including writing, speaking, and visual media.
- Critically analyze situations, identify problems, and develop solutions using creative and innovative approaches.
- Work collaboratively with others from diverse backgrounds, and aware of ethical issues related to media and communication technologies and demonstrate professionalism.
- Adapt to changes in technology and media landscapes and continue to learn and update new skills throughout the career pathway.
The 4-year Bachelor’s Degree program contains 156 credits combining from 106 credits of coursework, 48 credits of internship and 2 credits of Industrial Placement Report. The courses are divided into three categories, including Common Courses, Specialized Courses, and Elective Courses.
ENG101: Core English
ENG102: Core English
ENG103: Academic Writing Skills
RES101: Research Methods
RES102: Research Methods
PRO101: Basic Programming
PRO101: Computer Fundamentals
STA101: Statistics and Probability
PHI101: Philosophy and Anthropology of Technology
9 internships (3 internships per term)
MCT101: Introduction to Media and Communication Technology
MCT102: Introduction to Digital Imaging and Design
KHM101: Introduction to Khmer Studies and History
MCT203: Data Analyics and visualization
MCT204: Multimedia Storytelling
MCT205: Video and Audio Production
MCT206: Digital Photography for Artists
MCT207: Social Media Marketing and Strategies
MCT208: Public Relations and Advertising
MCT 209: Emerging Technologies in Media
MCT210: Media Management and Entrepreneurship
MCT211: Creative Writing for Digital Landscape
MCT312: Digital Media & Visual Communication
MCT313: 3D Modelling and Animation
MCT314: Multiplatform Content Creation
MCT315: Motion Graphics
MCT316: Social Media Production and Branding
MCT317: Media Law and Ethics
MCT318: Producing Live Media and Field Reporting
MCT319: Voice-over in Media
MCT320: Media Station Management
SDE101: Social and Digital Entrepreneurship
HUM101: Introduction to Humanities
GLO101: Global Studies
ENV101: Environment and Geography
PRO102: Object-Oriented Programming
MAT101: Applied Math
ATR101: Fine Arts
ARC101: Computer-Aided Design
BIO101: Biology and Chemistry
ARC101: Architectural Representation
ECO101: Principles of Economics
(other 6 elective courses from other faculties)
- Public Relations Specialist
- Media and Communications Specialist
- Media Studio Officer/Manager
- Journalism Professional
- Public Relation Officer/Manager
- Media Photo and Video Editor
- Media Graphic and Content Designer
- Digital Marketing Officer/Manager