Department of Architecture and Interior DesignMay 12, 2023 2023-09-01 13:45
Department of Architecture and Interior Design
The Department of Architecture and Interior Design develops human resources with innovation, creativity, and sustainability in the fields of architecture and interior design in the era of the Industrial Revolution 4.0. The structure of the program is diverse, practical and the hand-on to confer the students the necessary blend of common courses, specialised courses, and elective courses. The programs also deliver the architectural design studio, project-based internship, and industrial placement.
- Produce capable and innovative architects and interior designers to solve the challenges in the industry in the context of social needs, cultural trends, and climate variability.
- Be a top university in Cambodia for producing employable graduates.
- Prepare the students with entrepreneurial skills and business.
- Provide a productive environment for the best quality of education with a constantly updated curriculum.
- Instil moral and ethical values, humanity, and interpersonal skills in students.
- Bridge the gap between university and industry requirements by associating students with industrial works (internship) and theory to implementation in Architectural Design Studio.
STRUCTURE AND FOCUS
The four-year academic is contributed to:
- Design Representation
- History and Theory of Architecture and Interior Design
- Digital Technologies
- Materials and Construction
- Interior Architecture
6. Environmental and Sustainable Design
7. Building Service and Science
8. Planning and Management
9. Research and Graduate Project
10. Internship and Industrial Placement
|No.||Course Domain||No. of Course||Credit|
|4||9 internships (1st, 2nd and 3rd year), 3 full-time internships/ Industrial Placements in the 4th year at the industry = 30 credits*||9||18|
|5||Industrial placement Report(IPR)||---||2|
Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of Interior Design
Job prospects in Architecture and Interior Design:
- Architect/Architectural Designer
- Landsc ape Designer/Green Architect
- Architectural Entrepreneur/Freelancer
- Architecture and Interior Consultant
- Researcher in Architectural Praxis
- Architectural Technologist
- Interior and Spatial Designer
- Furniture/Textile Designer
- Governor officer
Our Industrial Partner
Mega Asset Management
Established in 2008, Mega Asset Management Co., Ltd is a consultancy company in Cambodia, specialized in real estate development. It manages over commercial and residential building, hotel, hospitality, industrial parks and more. Real estate projects under Mega Asset Management’s name include Diamond Island City, Olympia City and Chroy Changvar Satellite City to name a few.
CMED Group Co., Ltd.,
Founded in 2013, CMED Group is a Cambodian-owned company with 8 business units, which operates in four main business industries: construction, gas, home appliance retailing, and automobile. The CMED Group has provided quality services and products while establishing business relationships with numerous well-known international companies, including Hitachi, Honda, Isuzu, Komatsu, and Bosch.
Koh Pich Construction Company (KPCC)
Established in 2016, Koh Pich Construction Company (KPCC) is a business division of Diamond Island Development Company Co., Ltd. KPCC has been playing a vital role in designing and building some construction projects within the Canadia Group and providing its customers with construction-related services as consultancy, feasibility study and design.
From humble beginnings as a small, family-run business, ISI Group is one of Cambodia’s most respected, successful and diversified corporations. With more than 20 years’ experience, our companies lead markets across the building, construction and technology sectors. ISI’s CSR programs promote positive social change through four key areas: Education, Healthcare, Sports and Housing.