Department of Architecture and Interior DesignMay 12, 2023 2023-05-29 9:47
Department of Architecture and Interior Design
The Department of Architecture and Interior Design develops human resources with innovation, creativity, and sustainability in the fields of architecture and interior design in the era of the Industrial Revolution 4.0. The structure of the program is diverse, practical and the hand-on to confer the students the necessary blend of common courses, specialised courses, and elective courses. The programs also deliver the architectural design studio, project-based internship, and industrial placement.
To produce competent human resources in the field of Architecture by promoting entrepreneurship & business, cutting edge technology, sustainable innovation, and creativity for industry’s needs and future development.
- Produce capable and innovative architects and interior designers to solve the challenges in the industry in the context of social needs, cultural trends, and climate variability.
- Be a top university in Cambodia for producing employable graduates.
- Prepare the students with entrepreneurial skills and business.
- Provide a productive environment for the best quality of education with a constantly updated curriculum.
- Instil moral and ethical values, humanity, and interpersonal skills in students.
- Bridge the gap between university and industry requirements by associating students with industrial works (internship) and theory to implementation in Architectural Design Studio.
- Key Basic, Principle Element, Design Representation
- Common Course & Elective Course
- Theory, Design Communication, Sustainability
- Elective Course
- Integration, Technology, Skill & Management
- Elective Course
- Thesis Project, External Internship, Industrial Placement
STRUCTURE AND FOCUS
The four-year academic is contributed to:
- Design Representation
- History and Theory of Architecture and Interior Design
- Digital Technologies
- Materials and Construction
- Interior Architecture
6. Environmental and Sustainable Design
7. Building Service and Science
8. Planning and Management
9. Research and Graduate Project
10. Internship and Industrial Placement
The 4-year Bachelor’s Degree program contains 172 credits combining from 106 credits of coursework, 48 credits of internship and 2 credits of Industrial Placement Report. The courses are divided into three categories, including Common Courses, Specialized Courses, and Elective Courses.
|No.||Course Domain||No. of Course||Credit|
|4||9 internships (1st, 2nd and 3rd year), 3 full-time internships/ Industrial Placements in the 4th year at the industry = 30 credits*||9||18|
|5||Industrial placement Report(IPR)||---||2|
Bachelor of Architecture
Architecture has been defined diversely throughout history, and its practice has always been shaped by the advancement of innovative technology. Technology, particularly Artificial Intelligence (AI), has been dominating every aspect of our built environment. CamTech’s Architecture Program is designed to equip students with skills to use the technology ethically, and the core of it is the smart Design Studio which encourages students to have in-depth understanding of building structures and critical issues in architectural design. Students will be able to immerse themselves in new cutting-edge technology in construction and produce more sustainable buildings locally and internationally. We empower students to use new digital architecture technology such as AI, data analysis, 3D modeling for design, virtual reality, and so on to enable optimal design, sustainable architecture, energy efficient safe environment, and time saving. CamTech offers work-integrated learning experience to develop students’ employability, entrepreneurial, and leadership skills.
Bachelor of Interior Design
Interior Design at CamTech University focuses on the creation of innovative and exciting lively interior spaces through the adaptation and spatial arrangement of the buildings. The program is designed to equip students with in-depth understanding of interior space, the relationship between the exterior and interior environment, the use of materials and its technique for sustainability, the practical skills and theoretical knowledge required to pursue a career in interior architecture and other related fields. Digital technologies such as augmented and virtual reality (AR & VR) will be utilised to make interior spaces more intuitive in the real world before they are constructed. We empower students to use new digital architecture technology such as AI, data analysis, 3D modeling for design, virtual reality, and so on to enable optimal design, sustainable architecture, energy efficient safe environment, and time saving. CamTech offers work-integrated learning experience to ensure students’ employability, entrepreneurial and leadership skills.
Job prospects in Media and Communication Technology:
- Architect/Architectural Designer
- Landscape Designer/Green Architect
- Architectural Entrepreneur/Freelancer
- Architecture and Interior Consultant
- Researcher in Architectural Praxis
- Architectural Technologist
- Interior and Spatial Designer
- Furniture/Textile Designer
- Governor officer